Resources

Personally, it is necessary for me to confront my background as a white woman as I work to learn more about how I can be an ally and work to end these injustices. While in many ways it is important for me to step back and have the voices of people of color be in the forefront of this, it is also important for me to remind my white friends and family of what it means to be white and anti-racist, not just “not racist.” As I continue to learn how to best do this, I will continue to share in the ways I see appropriate.

 

For now, here is a list of resources I have personally learned from. If you have others to suggest, please contact me and I will definitely add to this list!

 

This section will be added to and organized, this is just the start of this section of resources. 


Articles

75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice: https://medium.com/equality-includes-you/what-white-people-can-do-for-racial-justice-f2d18b0e0234

 

Anti-Racism Resources for White People: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BRlF2_zhNe86SGgHa6-VlBO-QgirITwCTugSfKie5Fs/preview?pru=AAABcns2u2M*emjVuy_dXcxbZzCCBnHqLA

 

The Case for Reparations by Ta-Nehisi Coates 

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

 

Book: White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo


Netflix:

Innocence Files

How to Fix a Drug Scandal

Trials of Gabriel Fernandez

Murder to Mercy: The Cyntoia Brown Story

Living Undocumented

The Fear of 13

When They See Us


Hulu:

Aka Jane Roe

  

Some Accounts to Follow:

(Instagram handles)

Innocence Project – @innocenceproject

ACLU – @aclu_nationwide

NAACP – @naacp

Black Lives Matter – @blklivesmatter

Black Coffee w/ White Friends – @blackcoffeewithwhitefriends

Color of Change – @colorofchange

The Leadership Conference – @civilrightsorg

Southern Poverty Law Center – @splcenter

Human Rights Campaign – @humanrightscampaign

Trevor Project – @trevorproject

Everytown For Gun Safety – @everytown

Malala Yousafzai – @malala

Greta Thunberg – @gretathunberg

International Rescue Committee – @rescueorg

Raices Texas – @raicestexas

Tahirih Justice Center – @tahirihjustice

 

(Twitter handles)

Reverand Al Sharpton – @TheRevAl

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez – @AOC

Comments