Updates

It's been awhile since I've written on this blog, but I have been so, so busy this quarter (since March).  Many things are new and exciting, so I thought I'd share with y'all.  

In March, I was hired as the middle school youth pastor at Fremont First United Methodist Church, and I LOVE it.  Getting to know the youth and help them get to know God has been incredible.  I cannot wait to see what He has in store for us as a group, and how we grow.  I know God has placed me here and has called me to ministry, so I am excited to see where that takes me in life.  

If you don't have a church and are looking for one - seriously consider visiting Fremont First UMC this Sunday (or Wednesday)!  Services are at 9 and 11 AM on Sundays, and Bill and Melissa are the best pastors I have ever had. I'm loving having the opportunity to work under them.  I had left this church, and came back once to see if I liked them, and I felt right back at home. (If you want more information on youth opportunities, just contact me!) 

I'm also considering going to seminary after my undergrad, and I'm excited to be getting some opportunities at the church to see some of the different aspects. I'm getting the chance to work on some sermons and congregational care.  :-)

Today, I also got my official newsletter that I am accepted to Midland University for the fall with a great scholarship!  I'll be majoring in Youth and Family Ministry with a minor in Criminal Justice, and I'm still not sure if I am going to add on another program or not.  

I am almost done at Metro, and I will get my Chemical Dependency Counseling Certificate at the end of this summer.  All of my other credits are going to be transferred to Midland! 

I've also been eating healthier and exercising basically every day again, and I've lost about 15 pounds.  I'm not trying to make this my identity or focus, but it does feel good to feel healthier once again. I'm trying to lose a decent amount of weight for my health's sake.  (I can't wait until I get to the maintain stage and can eat some more again.)  

The weather today was gorgeous and I spent most of the day outside!  I either biked or walked to (almost) everywhere I went to today.  

Comments