December Writing Challenge, Day 2

What Are the Best Things You’ve Read, Watched, Heard or Played This Year?

Read

Hope: A Memoir of Survival in Cleveland by Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus

a stolen life: a memoir AND freedom by Jaycee Dugard

My Story by Elizabeth Smart

The previous four books are all stories of women who spent time being kidnapped and held in false imprisonment.  Hope is my favorite book.  While these girls went through chaos, they have some of the most uplifting outlooks on life.

life.love.beauty by Keegan Allen - This is a beautiful photography book. 

Yes, Please by Amy Poehler - If you want a funny book, here it is! 

Harry Potter by JK Rowling - I've been rereading this; I stand by my love for the series

I'm currently reading No Backup - My Life as a Female FBI Special Agent by Rosemary Dew.  

I have a new list of books I got at Half Price Books and that I got for my birthday that I am 
excited about.   

I watch and listen to a wide variety, so I will focus on things that were released in 2017. 

Watched

The Bold Type - This show is about 3 20-something women that work at a magazine.  I'd fully recommend watching it.  The first 10-episode season is on Hulu, and it (finally) got renewed for a 2nd and 3rd season! 

Pretty Little Liars - PLL finally had its finale this summer, allowing me to sleep without having to stay up wondering who A is.  Let me say, Troian Bellisario is INCREDIBLE.  That finale might not have been exactly what I wanted, but her talent gave me what I didn't even know I wanted.  The episode with Vanessa Ray and Janel Parrish was chilling and I wish they would've had more scenes together, too. 

How to Get Away with Murder - Honestly, if you haven't started this show, catch up before it returns January 18th. While it's on the TGIT lineup on ABC with Shondaland's Scandal and Grey's Anatomy, HTGAWM is better, with Pete Nowalk's touch added onto it.  The winter finale was insane and I can't wait to figure out what is going on. 

Heard

Divide by Ed Sheeran, of course, is on the top of my list.  His tour for this album was incredible.  I loved how much happier Ed seemed this tour in comparison to his Multiply tour.  If you didn't get a chance to see him this year, I'd strongly recommend seeing him on his North American stadium tour for this album in 2018 (I already have my tickets for Kansas City!)

The Backpack Song by Bear Attack! has recently been one of my favorite songs (it was featured in the PLL finale for Spoby scenes).  

Post Malone is always my fallback to listen to when I'm driving.

John Mayer, P!nk, and Miley Cyrus all had new albums this year.  I always love John and P!nk.  Miley Cyrus has finally come back around, and I actually really enjoy her new album. 

Played

Honestly, I'm not really sure what this would mean besides board games or video games, of which I rarely play either.  

SLEUTH, Shades of Mystery is an online game I play sometimes if I'm bored but that's kind of a guilty pleasure game.  

Comments