Life Update: Start to Summer 17

Happy June and happy summer everyone!

It has been a crazy summer so far for me, but it has probably been the best summer I have had in quite awhile so far!

I started my summer with a week in Ohio.  It was a tough trip, because we spent the week cleaning out my grandmother's home and also visiting her in the nursing home she is in.  For such a stubborn lady who claimed she'd never leave her house, I had never prepared myself to see her anywhere outside of that home for a long time. I love her dearly and every time we leave her, I have to leave knowing it might be the last time we see her.  We got to see the whole cousin gang however, so that was of course wonderful but as always over too quickly.  We also stopped over at "grandpa" Bob's to watch PLL that week!

While in Ohio, my phone had completely died, but it was great to come home and upgrade to the iPhone 7 plus!  It is so fancy I don't fully understand everything about it, but I love it.  PLEASE if I don't have your number yet dm me on Facebook/Twitter/Insta etc; they did not transfer my contacts over!

I started working out more this summer, and I ran 5 miles yesterday!  Today, I am taking a needed break for my feet.  I have been swimming at the arlo pool more than usual too, considering it has been such a hot start to June.  I am definitely trying to lose some weight again before we go on vacation in July.

It has been quite a busy month so far.  I am halfway done with my law classes already, which is crazy to think about.  I am loving them so much, but not so much the fact that they start at 8 in the morning in Elkhorn.  Law is such an interesting thing to study, and it brings about many interesting discussions.  My class is smaller this quarter and we all get along pretty well, which makes it pretty fun too.  Just today we went to the Douglas County Courthouse to watch some different hearings, which made for an interesting day!  I'm also in two more online classes that will go aaallll the way until August, but they shouldn't be too bad.  Luckily, I got more shifts at the hospital wellness center this summer, where I am allowed to work on homework. I'm still working at the wellness center at the Y, which I honestly love.  I love being surrounded by motivated people, because they remind me to show up and work out.  

This summer has treated me quite well so far.  I have been laughing pretty much all day long of every day, and I am just so happy lately, for no real reason.  I hope all of you are having great summers, too!  ALSO if you're reading this and we have not hung out recently - please text me!  Once my law classes are done especially, I should have more time.

Comments