Happy April

As part of my social media break for Lent, I added this blog.  However, Easter was over a week ago, and to be honest, I almost forgot this exists.  I'm going to try to update those of you who want to read this about some random things I've been writing about and doing.

For one thing, I have found I really enjoy writing pen-on-paper more than I enjoy typing.  I think this is a main reason I haven't been back on here for the past week and a half.

Well, to update you on the past basically two months of my life, I have mostly been doing homework, been in class, or been at work.  I thought it'd be this great idea to take four online classes this quarter, which hasn't been my brightest idea.  I also take another class in Elkhorn.  (Full-time at MCC is 3 classes, I'm taking 5.  Note: if you have to get your courseload pre-approved, don't do it...)  No but I'll actually have to take 5-6 courses every quarter until I graduate from Metro next spring, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it.  I added on a certificate program for Chemical  Dependency Counseling onto my Criminal Justice associate to bachelors program, so I get to take a bunch of classes.  However, they are all so interesting, and for the first time in my life, I actually feel like I am learning something when I go to school.  It's awesome.  

Other than school and work, I have been blessed with lots of family time.  I know lots of people around my age kinda go, "yuck, family time?" But to be quite honest, I was so busy every year of high school and spent almost all of my time away from home since about 7th grade, so it has been great to get reacquainted to my family.  I also get to spend lots of time with my puppers, and my smelly cat.

Ed Sheeran's new album Divide is pretty great.  I get to go to his concert in September and sit on the floor, and I will probably cry the whole time.  I'm so excited.  I added this in here because I just love Ed, but also because I plan on getting some of his lyrics tattooed onto me here soon *cue eyerolls* BUT this is because these words have resounded with me from a young age.  It's from the song "What Do I Know?" which has a great message but isn't as well written musically as I think Ed was capable of.  The words are: Love, Understanding, Positivity.  [If/When I get this tattoo, I will probably explain this entire meaning to me.]

Recently, I got my conch pierced.  If you aren't aware, it's the ear piercing that is in basically the middle of your ear.  (If you want piercings or tattoos, as always, I recommend Big Brain in the Old Market!) My piercing has been healing pretty well, until I accidentally hit my ear a few times, and now it just really itches.  I am hoping to get back into Big Brain either late this week or early next week to get my cross tattoo on my ring finger.  It's a tattoo I've wanted since I was quite young, but just never gotten it done.

I have been enjoying the sunshine and the return of Pretty Little Liars.  If you know PLL, please, tell me who A.D. is.  I can't sleep, I want to figure it out so much.  Also, I still think Ezra is 100% sketchy. (Don't believe me? Rewatch season 4.  That lair is way too much for a book.)  However, almost everyone in Rosewood is sketchy.
As for other Netflix-related things, if you haven't watched 13 Reasons Why, DO NOT WATCH IT.  It is 100% inappropriately done, and with the demographics for the show being teenagers, it is handled extremely wrong.  AFSP has done research, and everything that research has shown NOT to do, is what this show does.  However, the acting on this show is absolutely incredible and I cannot wait to see those actors in other shows.

This quarter, I am in a comparative religions class, and it has been quite interesting.  This week (aka, today) the topic was Judaism.  It was really difficult for me to be able to describe God without also speaking of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.  Every day, I am reminded of His great sacrifice, and His redemption.  We are so lucky.  I have also been learning about drugs and criminal sentences and studying court cases.  Sometimes, I just need to be reminded that we are all sinners.   While we see varying sins, God sees His creations, His children.  It can be so difficult to love everyone, especially when dealing with murderers and violent (or not) rapists, but Jesus poured His blood for them, too.  I think this is my biggest struggle in these classes.

Also, can someone please explain to me how it is already the last week of April? Where has the year gone? Is this what getting old means, that time goes by so quickly?  This is nuts.  I'm pretty sure it is only January.

Thanks for reading!  I am hoping to be more consistent on this blog and write with a more unified topic next time!  Thanks you.

Comments